NewsTechnology

Here’s A Terrifying Video Of A Volcanic Explosion That Created A Tsunami

1 Mins read

A satellite around the Earth observed the terrifying explosion of the Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha’apai volcano on a volcanic island of Tonga. The explosion was so devastating that a wave of a 1.2-metre tsunami was observed in the capital of Tonga, Nuku’alofa.

Near the capital, water has invaded many houses. “We knew it was a tsunami. Our house was filled with water,” said a local resident to a local newspaper. “Around us there was screaming everywhere. He shouts at people who scream to get safe, for they all sought to climb higher ground.”

The volcano eruption lasted at least eight minutes and sent plumes of gas, ash and smoke for several kilometers in the air. The Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha’apai volcano is located on an uninhabited island about 65 kilometres north of the capital Nuku’alofa, but its explosion was so intense that it was felt even in Fiji at more than 800 In these areas, in fact, local residents shared on social media numerous videos of large waves that hit the coast.

Tsunami alerts were issued for New Zealand, Fiji, Vanuatu, Chile, Australia and even Japan (by the way, here is a list of the 5 highest tsunami ever recorded by man). The US National Weather Service has even advised everyone to get away from the coast and get out of the water inside the ports and tourist areas.

You can watch the video of the scary volcano eruption up here. By the way, what if all the volcanoes on Earth were to erupt at the same time?

Related posts
Home Improvements

Basement Waterproofing Tips

Basement walls and flooring are waterproof. If you don’t waterproof your basement walls and foundation concrete repairs, heavy rains and snow can…
NewsTechnology

Why Do Cats Follow You In The Bathroom? The Reasons Are Very Simple

You can go to the bathroom and be followed by your cat. In many cases they also love to jump inside the…
NewsTechnology

Now We Know When The First Continents Of The Earth Emerged: Before We Expected

Our planet is made up of 30% of land that has emerged and the remaining 70% of water. The emergence of continents…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.